SYN : Screenshots: Funny  ~  Back up on Linux..this time I am staying!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:29 pm
User avatarSynnerJoined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:51 amPosts: 1462Location: South Carolina

Running GNOME version of Ubuntu 6.10 after switching from Mepis 6.0 that ran off of Debian/KDesktop.. was having difficulties with Mepis..it had an eye candy like GUI and thats all it was good for

This is the first time I tested it on games.  FPS increased of around ~10 on AA and counter strike 1.6 using Linux. I also found that I download much more faster, a good ~170 kbps. Also, my pings have decreased a bit.. I'm really loving the package manager and the add/remove programs program.. can add various types of applications there are sooo many

But I do more than game on here though.. I'm learning the OS... the console commands, and configuring the system.. shit the only console commands that I am failure with are SU, sh, apt-get install, ./, and that's about it...It is a bitch to install a simple program... I either have to convert an rpm into a bin using allen...or the run has to be in root in order for it to open up... gah

I was thinking about DF2 while installing steam and counter strike 1.6 using winex.. Is it possible to play df2 on here since it is openGL based?

It's hard to see right when all you've done is wrong, hard to hang on when all you got is gone.
This cowboy life gave me a heart of stone, this cowboy life is all I've ever known, this cowboy life has left me all alone
Offline Profile